Explore A Career In Corporate Finance In This Discussion With Sunayana Gutta, Senior Financial Analyst At General Motors
Sunayana Gutta, Senior Financial Analyst at General Motors, shares a detailed account of what it's like to work in Corporate Finance - from examples of projects to her typical day to her advice for interested candidates.
Sunayana has an MBA from Kellogg School of Management.
Check out the podcast below to listen to our full discussion.
Some of the areas that Sunayana touches upon in this episode include:
1. How Sunayna tried various functions such as VC and Investment Banking, and why she decided to get into Corporate Finance
2. What does someone in Corporate Finance do
3. Examples of projects someone in Corporate Finance works on
4. Type of teams found within Corp Finance generally. Eg: Forex team, Capital Management team, Treasury team, etc.
5. Examples of things someone in Finance thinks about when making decisions
6. How companies generally have a generalist or specialist approach towards staffing Corp Finance, and how it's important to know about this before joining the company
7. Why Sunayna enjoys working in Corp Finance, and elements she finds challenging
8. Resources - CFO Magazine - ww2.cfo.com/source/cfo-magazine/, Annual Reports MD&A section, Ashwat Damodaran Blog (professor at Yale) - aswathdamodaran.blogspot.com/
Thank you for listening!!
If you have any questions for Sunayana or for us, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us @led_curator or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/learneducatediscover .