Explore a Career in Online Community Management - Discussion with Shane Zhao, Community Manager @OpenIDEO
With the growing number of products that depend on a thriving online community, a role that is now commonly found, especially in many tech startups, is that of a Community Manager. In this discussion, we go into the details of this role with Shane Zhao, Community Manager @OpenIDEO.
Check out the podcast below to get the full scoop!
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. What is online community management
2. How the community manager plays a key role in the success of challenges hosted by OpenIDEO
3. How the role of a community manager shifts between that of a "Dinner Host" and a "Teaching Assistant"
4. Typical day for a community manager
5. Tactics used by Shane to scale his role
6. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
7. Further career paths for community managers
8. Advice and resources for interested candidates
Thank you for listening!! If you have any questions for Shane or for us, you can email us at or tweet at us @led_curator or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/learneducatediscover