Explore a Career in Product Marketing in Tech - Discussion with PMMs @Facebook, DocuSign and Microsoft
In the case of Product Marketing in Tech, we have had not one, not two but three guests from three very well known Tech companies, to talk about what working in this space is all about - Facebook, DocuSign and Microsoft. Enjoy!
George Zeng, Product Marketing Manager at Facebook, describes what is involved in working as a Product Marketing Manager and what you can do to excel in this role.
With an undergrad from Princeton, and grad from UPenn, and a highly diverse work experience ranging from Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs, to running Sales for Groupon for Souther China, to starting and selling his healthcare startup, George shares a number of clear, actionable advice not just for people interested in this role but advice for anyone looking for simple tips that could help you excel in your career.
Some of the things we touch upon in this episode include:
1. What is Product Marketing Management
2. Two broad components of this role
3. Typical and atypical ways of doing this job - and how the atypical ways can help you achieve exceptional results
4. Type of projects someone would work on in this role
5. How the PMM role at Facebook might differ from other companies
6. Interesting and challenging aspects of this job
7. Common misconceptions about this role
8. Qualities in a person who would enjoy this role
9. Useful resources for interested candidates
10. Tips for anyone interested in this role
11. General tips for career greatness! :)
Jennifer Royer, Director Product Marketing at the high-growth Silicon Valley company, DocuSign, describes in detail what the role of a product marketer in tech entails.
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. What does DocuSign do
2. Role of a Product Marketer at a high-growth company in Tech
3. Types of projects that Jennifer has worked on
4. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
5. Examples of marketing campaigns that are creative and effective
6. Recruiting tips for MBA candidates
7. How can MBA candidates get jobs in Silicon Valley
Vishal Srivastav, Product Marketing Manager with Microsoft, shares what his job is all about. In this episode, you will learn:
1. What do Product Marketing Managers do?
2. What kind of problems do they work on?
3. Impact created by someone in this role
4. Challenges faced in this role
5. How to get into this role