Explore a Career Sustainable Innovation, Jad Finck, VP Innovation & Sustainability @Allbirds
Jad Finck, VP of Innovation and Sustainability at Silicon Valley based eco-friendly woolen shoes company, Allbirds, shares his thoughts on what working in Sustainability is like.
Jad has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University, and MBA in Finance and Strategy, from University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business.
Jad will soon be hiring for his team, keep a lookout for openings on the Allbirds careers page here: www.allbirds.com/pages/careers If you're interested in applying, drop us an email with your resume and a few lines on why you want to work at Allbirds, at email@example.com, so that we can share your resume with Jad.
Check out the podcast below to listen to the complete discussion!
Some of the areas that Jad touches upon in this episode include:
1. What is Sustainable Innovation
2. Examples of projects - Scouting for new materials, Lifecycle Assessment, etc.
3. Types of activities a Sustainability expert might be work on during a project
4. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
5. How to be effective at your job - Sustainability needs to be backed by leadership
6. How to assess importance of the sustainability function at a company by talking to people at the company - does it come up without you prompting them on it?
7. Resources: Conferences such as Bio Based Markets, World Bio markets, Sustainable Brands, Outdoor Retailer, etc.
8. How to stand out during recruiting - Have a point of view on what would you do if you were in our company
Thank you for listening!!
If you have any questions for Jad or for us, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us @led_curator or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/learneducatediscover