Learn About Life As A Chef In This Discussion With Ritu Dalmia - Indian Celebrity Chef & Restaurateur
Image Courtesy: Livemint
Ritu Dalmia, Indian Celebrity Chef and Restaurateur, shares her experiences from her career as a successful chef and her thoughts on how someone can build a career as a chef.
Ritu is the chef and co-owner of the popular Italian restaurant "Diva" in New Delhi, India. Her other restaurants include "Latitude 28" and "Cafe Diva".
She hosted a cooking show called "Italian Khana" for NDTV Good Times for three seasons, and has published five cooking books. Today, she hosts a travel and cooking show called Travelling Diva that airs on NDTV Good Times channel.
Check out the podcast below to listen to the complete discussion!
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. How Ritu got into a career in cooking
2. Ritu's beliefs on whether going to a cooking school is needed
3. What being a chef is all about and how it's much more about leadership and management than just about cooking
4. How she always follows her gut
5. The experience she tries to create in her restaurants
6. Great food movies!
7. Qualities in someone who should consider becoming a Chef
8. Ritu's litmus test for anyone who wants to work with her - Olio Aglio pasta!
9. Tips and suggestions for aspiring chefs
Thank you for listening!!
If you have any questions for Ritu or for us, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet at us @led_curator or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/learneducatediscover