Explore a Career in Management Consulting - Discussion with consultants at A.T. Kearney, Inc.
Team LED met with three Management Consultants, from well known consulting firms McKinsey & Co., and A.T. Kearney, Inc., to learn about what this job entails and how to excel at this job. Enjoy the discussions below!
What I Do To Excel As A Management Consultant - Discussion with Akash Mayur, Manager @A.T. Kearney, Inc.
Akash Mayur, Manager at Management Consulting firm A.T. Kearney, Inc., shares some of the things that he does to excel in his role as a Management Consultant.
Some of the areas that we touch upon in this episode include:
1. The role of a Management Consultant
2. The 3 layers to a great Management Consultant - Analytics/Problem Solving, Communication skills, and Emotional Quotient
3. Examples in each of the three layers to illustrate how this can make a difference
4. Akash's tips on how to excel in each of these areas
5. Other best practices for current and aspiring consultants
Discussion with Geok Hui Koh, Manager with A.T. Kearney, Inc.
Geok Hui Koh, Management Consultant with A.T. Kearney, Inc. shares what a job in Management Consulting is all about. In this episode, we dive deeper into areas that we did not get to cover in our other episode on Consulting (Ep 3), namely more details around each of the roles found in a Consulting firm, and how to go about Recruiting.
Other areas covered in this episode:
1. What is Management Consulting
2. Type of problems solved by consultants
3. Typical day in the life of a consultant
4. What different roles do during phases of a project
5. What makes an exceptional Business Analyst
6. Interesting and challenging aspects of this job
7. How to prep for consulting interviews
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com or tweet at us @led_curator